Monday, April 16, 2012

Goals and Expectations

Ok, I know the word expectations sounds like a terrible thing. It makes people think... Oh no, this place is going to have rules. Well, I only have one and a half, so listen up.
No trashtalking.
I personally think that commenting as a guest is a really shitty thing to do, because of these reasons:
1. You are too lazy to make a google account, which you should have because after the facebook and twitter craze is over, google plus is going to be the next social networking site and you shouldn't be the last person in the world to make a google account.
2. It allows you to view others without revealing yourself which is safe for you, but unsafe for everyone else.
3. It makes it difficult for me to write posts for specific followers. I would be happy to form my future posts around the types of things my followers are interested in, but if you do not reveal your name I will not be able to do that.
OK, after that speech you may not want to read my blog at all.
I get it, it was a mean thing to say, but I hope you understand my reasons and the need for me to have followers and stuff like that.
This blog has the potential to  be a really great thing, but only if we all work together.
How do we do that, you ask?
By carrying on conversations in comments.
Let's discuss one of the things we all love the most, Comics!

OK, Goals:
1. Practice my writing skills so I can write my novel which I want to have turned into a comic book.
2. Report Comic news! I will admit, if I read about a rumor somewhere, I will post a spoiler type warning saying... This may or may not be true, but I'll post it here so you can think about it...
3. Report plot lines of past comics - I will again post a spoiler alert and say hey, you know what, this comic is really old and hard to find, but I got my hands on it, so I'll let you know what happened.
This is going to be a rare thing and only in comics which I PERCIEVE to be hard to find. If it's not hard to find and I end up posting the plot line anyway, don't kill me, I made a mistake, don't read the post if you don't want to, just let it go.
4. Post links to places where you can buy comics that catch my eye. If I'm scrolling on ebay and see a comic, I might just post a link to it. If it gets annoying, I'm sorry, all I'm saying is, you don't have to click.
5. Post upcoming comic events that I see on twitter. I will also post things that have to do with comic con, and when I get the cash to eventually go to comic con, I will post photos and things of that nature.
6. If anyone wants to help report information, I will let them come on as a copy editor. They can read my posts and check them before I post them (unless it's an urgent thing that can't wait...) If they do a good job at that, I will try to figure out how to add an editor to my blog. I would love to work with collaborators!
7. Get followers. I don't to run into the same problem that I ran into last time I made a blog, and that problem was that I had like 1 follower. If you have come by and like the types of things I'm reporting, and like that a lot of important stuff is all in one place, one easy to find, simple place, then follow me. Share my blog with your friends, facebook, email, google plus, even twitter. Whatever you have to do to help me stay afloat, then please do it if you care. Eventually I would like to have sweepstakes! Raffling off signed comics and first printings and stuff. I am considering writing a blog for my comic shop, so if I am selected to do that, then I'll post a link here so you can read both. Some of the articles might be the same, I really don't know. But I need comments. I need to know about you, your likes, dislikes, tastes in general.

~ComicEnchantress~

No comments:

Post a Comment